High Potential Initial Teacher Training (HPITT) Programme
The High Potential Initial Teacher Training (HPITT) Programme, delivered by Teach First, recruits and develops high-calibre teachers for schools working in disadvantaged communities. Here's how it works:
- Teach First recruits trainee teachers to work in your school for a minimum of two years, starting September 2021.
- The robust and rigorous recruitment process selects high-performing graduates that match your school’s needs.
- Your trainee will gain QTS by the end of year one, a PGDE in year two, with an option of a Master’s in the third year.
- Ongoing support is provided for your trainee and school with a dedicated Teach First Development Lead and university tutor. You can also receive a mentor grant of £2,500 per trainee to support you in developing a school-based mentor.
- Your trainee will be a core member of teaching staff from day one, teaching between 60-80% of a full timetable.
Trainees are available now to start in September, find out more and register.