Opportunity: Active Primary Schools Champions
An opportunity for middle leaders in Bradford primary schools to support our new cohort of JU:MP schools in improving children's physical activity behaviours.
The purpose of the Creating Active Schools Champion is to support schools in using the Creating Active Schools development programme to enhance physical activity behaviours for children and families.
The Creating Active Schools Champion is about developing other middle and senior leaders so that they have the skills to lead their own teams and improve practice in their own schools. This will be achieved through both 1-1 support on their intent, implementation and impact of physical activity interventions, as well as collaborative working across schools to ensure best practice is driving school improvement and the model is sustainable over time.
The funding available to support this role will be paid at £250 per day to enable schools to adequately cover the champion's own school role, and will vary based on the number of schools they are supporting. We would need CAS champions to support a minimum of 3 or a maximum of 6 schools, so have outlined typical funding in relation to these options below:
- Example of supporting 3 schools within a neighbourhood:
- Year 1 - up to a maximum of 14 days (including initial 2 training days) x £250 = £3,500
- Year 2 - up to a maximum of 12 days x £250 = £3,000
- Example of supporting 6 schools within a neighbourhood
- Year 1- up to a maximum of 24 (including initial 2 training days) x £250 = £6,000
- Year 2 - up to a maximum of 22 days x £250 = £5,500
Additional days in excess of those outlined above could be paid to a CAS champion's school for:
- Additional support required by their allocated schools that has been approved by JU:MP schools strategic board.
- Specific contributions to the development of the CAS Website and online training as identified from ongoing work with schools.
- Involvement of their school's headteacher/senior leader in the JU:MP schools strategic board which will meet once per half term on pre-agreed dates.
For more information and details of how to apply click here.