Free school business support available for schools
The Institute of School Business Leadership (ISBL) are offering support to schools and academies.
- WHO? ISBL lead a team of expert SBPs on behalf of the DfE who work with schools and academies
- WHAT? The DfE is aware that Covid continues to impact schools and colleges in England, and many areas are again experiencing high levels of staff absence.
- WHO? Early in the pandemic, our cohort of accredited School Resource Management Advisers (SRMAs) supported schools and trusts struggling with capacity to manage essential business functions.
- WHEN? The DfE is making the same offer again this term, which could include support for day-to-day operational activities like payroll and payments to suppliers, or longer-term budget planning or procurement support.
- This list is not exhaustive and SRMAs may be able to help with other non-teaching activities and business functions. Support is available to academy trusts and local authority maintained schools (with the LA’s agreement).
- HOW? Schools and trusts can request support by speaking to an ESFA or RSC case lead (if they already have one), or by emailing the SRMA mailbox: ESFA.SRMA@education.gov.uk