Register for Early Career Teachers programme
The process of gathering key information from schools for accessing and delivering the Early Career Framework is not as slick as we might like! This is a programme with new systems. However, please follow these steps to complete the process quickly and easily once you have appointed at least one ECT (you can repeat these steps at a later date):
1. Identify your school’s Unique Reference Number (URN). If you don’t know it to can use this link to access a DfE website to search for it.
2. The ECT, Mentor and Induction Lead/Coordinator/Tutor complete a short online form for Bradford Teaching School Hub. Bradford Teaching School Hub will register ECTs, Mentors and Induction Lead/Coordinator on Ambition Institute’s Delivery Partner Portal.
3. Within a week, the ECT, Mentor and Induction Lead/Coordinator/Tutor will receive an email inviting them to complete an Onboarding Form via the ‘My Ambition’ online portal. 24-hours after completing the onboarding form ECTs, Mentors and Induction Lead/Coordinator/Tutor will see the StepLab icon appear on their ‘My Ambition’ homepage. This provides them with access to the Early Career Teacher programme resources.
4. Register your Induction Lead, Early career Teacher and Mentor with the Appropriate Body service. An Appropriate Body will oversee the Induction Lead's assessment of the ECT. Full details are available here.
5. Schools are required to register on the DfE ‘Managing training for early career teachers’ service'. This is linked to the funding that will be devolved to schools. Schools already have a username and password for signing in to DfE online services: please liaise with your colleague who holds these details. This video provides a demonstration of the initial functionality available on the Manage training for early career teachers service.
- First step: Create an account and register the name of the Induction Lead/Coordinator/Tutor and how you wish to access the Early Career Framework. When prompted, choose 'Use an approved training provider'. When you reach the 'Have you signed up to a training provider?' page no further action is required at this point if you have already completed steps 1 to 3 above.
- Second step (from July): The Induction Lead can register the name of your ECT(s) and Mentor(s) before induction commences.
Please add the following email addresses to your safe senders:
@salesforce.com (including email address ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’)
This will make sure you don't miss out on the information you need to thrive on the programme.